Over at NME as part of their 15 year anniversary, they are asking musicians to name their top 10 albums of the last 15 years.
The responses range from the usual (Radiohead’s ‘OK Computer’) to the ridiculous (Ian Brown’s ‘Unfinished Monkey Business), new (Unknown Mortal Orchestra’s recent self-titled debut) to relatively unknown (Clor, ‘Clor’, a short-lived Brixton, UK five piece who draw Devo comparisons).
The article is a fun read and forced me to create my own top 10 of the past 15 years:
- Panda Bear, ‘Person Pitch’
- Radiohead, ‘OK Computer’
- The Stokes, ‘Is This It’
- Bon Iver, ‘For Emma, Forever Ago’
- The Flaming Lips, ‘The Soft Bulletin’
- Explosions in the Sky, ‘The Earth is Not A Cold Dead Place’
- Phoenix, ‘Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix’
- The National, ‘Boxer’
- Beach House, ‘Teen Dream’
- Bloc Party,’ Silent Alarm’